What to do with a bag full of ripe nectarines:
1) Eat them. And then poop them out 🙂
2) Make nectarine jam. This tastes amazing and you can share it with your friends.
3) Stew them. And then eat them.
4) Make a nectarine brown butter buckle (what an awesome name!) just because it sounds awesome.
5) Saute them in butter and brown sugar, finish with lime juice and serve with crepes.
6) Make a nectarine galette because it’s easy and delicious.
7) Bake them with honey, orange, a cinnamon quill and cardamom pods; deglaze with rum and serve with marscapone.
8) Make a nectarine, marscapone and gingersnap tart to take to the new neighbours.
Unfortunately I did none of these things. Well, that’s a lie. I ate a couple. But my housemates made jam and stewed the rest, and next time I get a bagfull of nectarines I will be sure to snag some for one or all of the above recipes. Because they sound amazing.
P.S. I got some of the recipes from Gourmet Traveller.
P.P.S. I’m not going to bother apologising for missing my post a day commitment; I’m not doing it because I can’t be bothered, I’m doing it because our internet’s down. I know how committed I am. 🙂